Basic Pressure Points (Neck and Head)
- Shoulder line 1 (Shoulders) – These pressure points range from the top of your shoulders to your neck.
- Shoulder line 2 (Shoulder blades) – These pressure points start from the top of shoulder to shoulder blades until the bones of your neck.
- Under hairline point – It lies under the side of the base of your skull.
How to pressure and massage those points?
Gently press on each point and gradually increase the pressure until you feel hurt. Count 1-10 and then release. Each pressure points should be 1 finger away from each other.
Self massage techniques for relaxing
1. Use your index, middle and ring finger to press on the line over your shoulder blades and shoulders. Do it on both right and left side.
2. Interlock your fingers behind your neck and use your both thumbs to press your shoulder lines connecting to your neck.
3.Use your both thumbs to press the points under hairline of both sides with good amount of pressure.
(Open your elbows will help you increase the pressure)
Body-twisting techniques for relaxing
1. Sit with your legs crossed. Place your hand on the shoulder of different side and use another hand to hold another elbow. Breathe in and out when you try to push the elbow against your body. Breathe in and out for 3-4 times and then release. Do it both right and left side. This is one of Thai hermit exercises to stretch shoulders and arms
2. Sit with your legs crossed. Open one elbow on the side putting another hand behind your neck while holding another hand tightly. Breathe in and out deeply trying to pull your hand behind your head down. Breathe in and out 3-4 times and release. This posture is to stretch and open your shoulder to relieve the stiffness.
3. Sit with your legs crossed. Put one hand on your knee. Open another elbow on the side covering your hand on your ear. Breathe in and out while pushing both hands together (Upper hand pushing your head and lower hand pushing your knee). Breathe in and out 3-4 times and release. This posture aims to relax your neck, relieve the neck pain and headache. This is also one of hermit exercises to fix dizziness.
4. Sit with your legs crossed with hands together in prayer position. Breathe in and out while pushing your hands up and also against each other. Breathe in and out for 3-4 times then release. This posture also aims to relax your neck, relieve the neck pain, headache. This is also one of hermit exercises to fix dizziness.
5. Sit with your legs crossed. Interlock your fingers with palms together on your breast. Breathe in and out pushing your hands with palms facing out. After that, pushing your hands with palms facing up stretching your body as much as you can. Breathe in and out 3-4 times and release your hands beside your torso. This posture is to stretch your arms, hands, fingers and shoulders. This is also one of hermit exercises.
Posture 1: Massage your shoulder tissue
This is for those who feel tired and painful from using computers for a long period of time. Start from pressing your left hand (both palm and fingers) on the right shoulder where you feel stiff. Hold it for 5 seconds, do it 3 times and change to the other side. This will really heal your shoulder and neck.
Posture 2: Massage your neck tissue
This is for those who feel pain on their necks. Put your palm behind your neck and firmly massage your neck for 5-10 times. Put pressure both on your palm and your fingers.
Posture 3: Massage your ears
Massaging your ears will give you a comfortable and relaxing feeling. Apart from that, it will also help rejuvenate the function of your kidneys. Start from placing your thumb behind your ears and other fingers on the front of your ears. Gently massage your ears until you feel the warmth. Release your fingers by gently pulling ears to the side. Count 1-3 and then release.
Posture 4: Massage your eyes
This is for those who use their eyes looking at computers all day. Press your thumb on the beginning of an eyelid for 6 seconds and then release.
Posture 5: Massage your scalp
This will help increase your blood flow to your head. With more blood flow to your head, it will increase the function of your nerve system. Start from putting your fingers into your hairs very close to your scalp. Gently pull your hairs closing your palms until you feel the stretch of your scalp. Count 1-3 and change areas until you finish this posture all over your scalp.
Posture 6 : Massage your mastoid
If you feel stress and headache, press and massage the index and middle fingers on your mastoid in rounding direction for 6 times and then press them firmly for 3 seconds then release.
Engagement with the world through healthy emotions and positive perspectives. Contributing to others and your community gives you a blissful hearth.
Maintain a healthy body through exercise regularly, having low precessed food and nutrition, sleep well.
Quiet your mind through meditation creates a peaceful soul and promotes your awareness. Take time out to practice mindfulness activities. Explore your inner self and acceptance.